Senior Product Trainer, McClatchy Interactive
Support Developer, McClatchy Interactive
- Train programmers at 36 affiliate publications how to develop with our in-house Content Management System
- Train content producers at 36 affiliate publications how to use our in-house Content Management System.
- Train new in-house employees how to program and use our CMS as well.
- Teach various in-house and 3rd party applications to the various affiliates including Pluck social networking, ZVents event management and Exact Target mailing list management.
- Provide twice-monthly training sessions via web seminar software covering various topics from Search Engine Optimization, CSS, jQuery and Photoshop
- Create Screen-Cast Training sessions
- Develop and Maintain the Training Department’s Extranet, including producing “How To” documents and multi-media educational downloads.
Prior to moving into this Senior Product Trainer position, one of my major responsibilities was to be the expert on our in-house content management system and to support the various Technical Support developers as they helped the 30 McClatchy newspaper markets, including the main local daily paper and in many cases multiple non-daily papers, community and vertical web sites. When they needed to know how to do something, I was their resource. I also was backing up our product trainer, when they were over booked. Prior to our hiring a product trainer, teaching our product to our markets was also part of my responsibility. So when this position opened up, it made sense for me to assume the role I was already performing.
Network Enginner, University of Louisville
Programmer-Analyst I-III, University of Louisville
- Teach faculty and staff how to use word processors, web browsers, internet tools, spreadsheets, local area networking.
- Created the Information Technology training program
- Taught multiple short courses to faculty and staff
- Created How To documents
In addition to supporting faculty and staff in their computer needs, I was the primary Academic Consultant (Programmer-Analyst) responsible for staring the Information Technology Short Course program. Educating others was a key part of my time in all job functions while at the University of Louisville.
Programmer, Jefferson Community College
While this position had little formal educational parts, I did teach Introduction to Computers and Introduction to Programming with Pascal while working at Jefferson Community College
Youth Sports Coach
I’ve coached recreational and competitive travel teams in Soccer, Inline Hockey, Baseball and Basketball.